3" of ventilated gel memory foam adds softness and pressure-relieving comfort to your mattress
Special memory foam formula is extremely soft, airy and responsive
Ventilated design improves airflow for a more comfortable sleep climate
Memory foam is infused with a plush gel material that captures heat to control temperature
Full size mattress topper measures 53" x 75"
Seriously, my prayers have been answered. I only wish I would have thought to invest in this mattress topper while I was pregnant. It might have saved me a huge headache (literally).
I've never had much luck with mattresses, but I've never really blamed the mattresses - because I suck at sleeping. Apparently, I'm a contortionist in my sleep and do things with my body that would give little Linda Blair a run for her money. I wake up a million times a night with pains in my head, my neck, my back, my hips, my legs, literally everywhere.
However, I've had a friend come over to help with my new baby and I happen to have the same mattress in the guest room that I have in my main bedroom. She brought it up to me one day that her hip and lower back were killing her since sleeping on the mattress in the guest room- even though it is a pretty expensive pillow-top brand. She asked me if I could order her some kind of mattress topper from Amazon and she'd reimburse me.
At this point, I had been in so much agony myself that I got two - one for the guest bed and one for mine. And if it weren't for the fact that I only have nightmares, I'd insist that I'm dreaming up this amazing experience with this mattress topper. I mean, I really don't even have words for this thing. I'm not pain free - because, well, it's gonna take a lot of time to undo that kind of damage. But I have noticed a dramatic difference.
My body feels so soothingly cradled. I'm not tossing and turning constantly trying to get comfortable. It's just pure bliss. This may sound strange, but it feels like a hug. It does. It really does. Like a hug from the Pillsbury Dough Boy.
Some Technical Details:
1) It was very easy to set up.
2) There was only a very faint odor that dissipated almost immediately.
3) I was so desperate to use it that I didn't even wait the full 48 hours as suggested but it seemed to be super plump straight out of the box. The density is perfect for me.
4) It fit absolutely perfectly across my king-sized bed
5) It appears to be of durable quality unlike some toppers I have seen or used in the past that easily shred or discolored. Time will be the ultimate test so I can't 100 percent guarantee this but judging from observation this would appear to be the case. I will update as necessary.
6) It does live up to the claim about not retaining heat and keeping the body a cool and comfortable temperature (which is crucial for a person like me because I practically need to live in an igloo).
So yes, I'm very impressed thus far and absolutely I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. I've honestly never been this excited to go to sleep. My fiance loves it and he was a bit upset that I got it in the first place because he loved the mattress the way it was, but now he loves THIS more. And even my little doggie who has become a neurotic mess since my baby was born seems to be a tad more comforted and peaceful sleeping next to me now.
Just writing about it makes me want to go upstairs and jump in bed. I'm starting to wonder if they put something inside this thing if you know what I'm talking about, because I'm addicted. Just kidding... Maybe.